Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Warrior Princess, Adriana

Today I want to share something that has been on my heart. . .

Just under 4 months ago, a woman I consider a sister–my dear friend who I’ve known for my entire life–received the horrifying news that no parent should ever have to hear.

One of her twin daughters, Adriana, was diagnosed with ALL Leukemia. To say that this news was tragic to hear would be an understatement. This 4 year old gem is one of my most favorite little girls. She definitely possesses a certain kind of light that I've never been able to quite put into words. These twins are truly extra special twins. With imaginations unlike anything I'd ever seen, hearts as big as the ocean and charm that will win over anyone's heart–they truly have shown me what living is all about! They are funny, smart, just a bit naughty and flat out the MOST AMAZING girls I've ever known. I love them more deeply than I could begin to describe.

You can imagine the heartache I felt for my dear friend when I received the news. I did not have a clue on know what to do. How do you help? What do I say? How do you support someone going through such a horrific event, when the entire world is bombarding her!? The last thing she needs is a million questions. 

What could I do?
I could act. 


I have joined forces with LLS and host a walk in honor of Adriana on October 10, 2015. The walk is to show our support + let her know that we are on her side. She needs know how much love and prayers are going her way so she can fight this horrible disease. She has the heart of a WARRIOR!





If you would like to support this darling little girl, here’s the link to sign up for the walk. & if you are unable to participate in the walk, you still have a chance to donate in Adriana's honor. Just click HERE!

Adriana is so lucky to have her family by her side to comfort her through this hard time. Maiya (her sissy) is her biggest support! Their bond is so beautiful and amazing. Maiya even rubs Adri's feet for her (how darling is that?!) She knows how much hell Adri is going through and she won't let her do it alone. They are true angels, guys. 

My heart is with their family every day & Adriana’s little soul needs all the support & prayers we can give her! 

Let's show this family how much they are LOVED and supported!!!







































Who's with me!?

No comments:

Post a Comment