Saturday, January 24, 2015

Where it all began

Before I started my blog in the summer of 2013, I truthfully had no interest in having a blog. Only because I didn't want people to think I came across as some, "Fashion Expert"... I just love clothes, and love to play with different styles! I have been that way my entire life! I have made some terrible fashion decisions. But that's what it's all about! Find something that you feel good in, and rock it!
My dear friend asked me almost every single day, "Why don't you start a Fashion Blog?" I would respond saying, "No one wants to read about my fashion advice, everyone will think I'm just trying to be in front of the camera"....Which is exactly opposite of why I blog. Truth be told, (I actually hate being put on the spot, and used to fear speaking in front of other people) I couldn't help but feel a little insecure about what people were going to think of me. I had my days I would look at other bloggers who had more followers than me, and think... "I can't afford those clothes they wear.... How am I ever going to be as successful as them?"

Well, time went by. Life happened, and lessons were taught along the way. I learned to never compare myself to other people, and that everyone starts somewhere! It's ok to fail, because that is what makes you stronger and become better!

Instead of looking at the blog the way I did. I changed my thoughts. All I ever want to do is inspire others, why not try and inspire them to love themselves!?

I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to have people reach out to me for skin and fashion advice! At the end of the day, it makes it all worthwhile!

No, I do not make money off my blog. And no I do not blog about- Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, or Tory Burch! Although I love and respect every one of those Designers, It's just not logical for me to own any of their things at this point in my life.

So why not try and just appeal to an audience who's in the same place as me?! I work hard for everything I have, without a partner to support me. I get to do it all on my own. It feels amazing to not have to rely on anyone. In that same note... I just want to find someone I can share a life with! To be apart of my life, and support me in every aspect, and be my biggest cheerleader!

I am about to embark on a new journey with my dear friend, Jaymie! Her and I are the Co-Creators of, The Limitless Woman. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for our adventure! We are so excited about how many followers we have already! It's been surreal.

Don't you worry though, my blog will still be going strong! With a few changes to spruce it up!

Thank you for all the support you all have shown me these last couple of years with my blog. It means everything to me!

Here's a little recap of how it all began!

Happy Saturday! Xx, Meg















No comments:

Post a Comment